Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/19 04:43:00 UTC

Re: Name that Web Service

Just to elaborate a bit on this point--I'm looking at StrikeIron's Zip Code
service[1], if you scroll to the wsdl:service section at the bottom you will
notice four ports within it:

a.) A SOAP 1.0 binding
b.) A SOAP 1.2 binding
c.) HTTP/GET binding
d.) HTTP/POST binding

I can see how CXF can handle (a) and (b), but if I wanted to access the web
service via (c) or (d), would the Dispatch interface help me?  Or any of
Sergey's REST work?  Just curious.

Thanks,
Glen

[1] http://wslite.strikeiron.com/zipcodeinfolite01/ZIPCodeInfoLite.asmx?WSDL

Re: Name that Web Service

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <se...@progress.com>.
Hi

> Just to elaborate a bit on this point--I'm looking at StrikeIron's Zip Code
> service[1], if you scroll to the wsdl:service section at the bottom you will
> notice four ports within it:
>
> a.) A SOAP 1.0 binding
> b.) A SOAP 1.2 binding
> c.) HTTP/GET binding
> d.) HTTP/POST binding

JAXWS Dispatch should indeed help you with c. and d. We don't have a JAXRS client just yet, but you may want to try CXF HttpBinding
client support too.

Cheers, Sergey