Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by "Gidley Ben, Slough" <Be...@aniteps.com> on 2002/05/20 16:45:56 UTC

Error Pages

We are using Turbine from the TDK and are having a strange issue with error
pages.

We have created our different layouts for different areas of the site. The
layout is set in the isAuthorized function of a parent class for all our
screens. This appears to work fine for normal screens.

Each area of the site resides in separate sub directorys/packages e.g.
userView and administration.

In each directory we have written a Error.vm and have created an Error.java
to go with it that inherits off the relevant parent class. When we call it
either directly (e.g. servlet/project/temples/Error.vm) or via
data.setScreen it shows the default layout. It is definitely calling the
error screen in the right subdirectory, but it is ignoring the layout
command in the parent class. Is this a 'feature' of error screens or have we
done something wrong?

Thanks

Ben Gidley

====
Ben Gidley					tel: 01753 804000
Senior Programmer				ddi: 01753 804108
Anite Public Sector				fax: 01753 804123
353 Buckingham Avenue				mob: 07941 933891
Slough						web: http://www.aniteps.com/
Berkshire					personal:
http://www.gidley.co.uk/
SL1 4PF 					email:
ben.gidley@aniteps.com
====
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in
error please inform the sender and
do not print, copy or disclose its contents to any other person nor use it
for any purpose other than for what
it was intended.