Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Anthony Bull <an...@bcsoft.co.nz> on 2007/11/08 04:29:54 UTC

Spring inside AAR - autoproxied transaction manager

Hi, having done a couple of services successfully with Spring inside the
.aar, I was surprised today when I tried to get my web-service to deploy
that features a Spring loaded web-service that has an auto-proxied
transaction manager around one of its beans.

I could not get this to run without having the spring.jar library under
axis-2/WEB-INF/lib - it gives the following error, if the spring related
classes (spring.jar, axis2-spring.jar) are only in my AAR files lib folder.

interface org.springframework.aop.framework.Advised is not visible from
class loader

I've set my Spring based service up as per the docs on the Axis2 site,
and have several other services running with Spring inside the AAR fine.
I've also tried the exploded web service trick to no avail.

Hash anyone else successfully setup a Spring based service that features
an auto-proxied bean in it, without having to throw all the jars into
the axis2/WEB-INF/lib folder?

My other option is to get Spring to load the auto-proxied bean in the
init() method of my service skeleton.

cheers,
Ants.

Re: Spring inside AAR - autoproxied transaction manager

Posted by robert lazarski <ro...@gmail.com>.
This seems to be a common problem outside of axis2. Some quick
googling turned up lots of hits, including:

http://forum.springframework.org/archive/index.php/t-11648.html

Looks like you'll need to setup the class loader a bit - since you say
you already have spring working inside the aar, I presume you already
have a reference to it. Let us know if you need more help, we'll see
what we can do.

HTH,
Robert