Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Noah Green <nj...@rcn.com> on 2000/10/18 18:49:35 UTC

Suggestion: DTM support the Xerces nonvalidating/load-dtd-grammar feature

Hi,
Please ignore my previous questions (looks like you already did ;-) ).
Anyway, I noticed that DTM does not support the
http://apache.org/xml/features/nonvalidating/load-dtd-grammar
feature that Xerces does.  This is the one that tells the parser not
to try and load in a DTD mentioned in a documents <!DOCTYPE>.

I wonder if in the future, there might be any desire among anyone to have
that feature for the DTM parser, as well.  I have been processing
a lot of documents with non-existent DTDs, but since I am not interested in
validating the documents, I would like to keep Xalan from trying to load the
DTDs. In the meantime I will use the Xerces liaison, but since DTM is faster
for big docs it would be neat if sometime in the future this might be
implemented.

noah

Re: Suggestion: DTM support the Xerces nonvalidating/load-dtd-grammar feature

Posted by Benoit Cerrina <be...@writeme.com>.
Hi,
    count me in for the one interested with this feature.  If I found some
time I'll look into it but right now I can't.
Benoit