Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Dominic Marcotte <d....@usherbrooke.ca> on 2007/01/25 20:51:26 UTC

{VIRUS?} Upper Unicode characters supported?

ATTENTION !!!
Au moins une pi�ce jointe � ce message ne vous a pas �t� transmise
(fop.bat).
SVP lire la pi�ce jointe �AlerteVirus.txt� pour plus d'informations.

Hello,

We need to use Unicode characters in the IPA range (U0250-U02A8). We use
and embed Lucida Sans Unicode which contains these characters. We notice
that higher character than U00FF display "#" in the generated PDF. On
the other hand, lower character than U0100 work fine. We even tried with
the version "FOP Trunk" revision 499827. (Jan 24th) with Saxon 8.7 and
Xalan 2.7.0. We also tried other font supporting IPA. Same thing append.

In the past, we already succeeded in making it works with an older
version of FOP.

I include the FO, config and the fonts file in attachment.

Do you have any suggestion?

Dominic

Re: {VIRUS?} Upper Unicode characters supported?

Posted by Vincent Hennebert <vi...@anyware-tech.com>.
Hi Dominic,

Dominic Marcotte a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> We need to use Unicode characters in the IPA range (U0250-U02A8). We use
> and embed Lucida Sans Unicode which contains these characters. We notice
> that higher character than U00FF display "#" in the generated PDF. On
> the other hand, lower character than U0100 work fine. We even tried with
> the version "FOP Trunk" revision 499827. (Jan 24th) with Saxon 8.7 and
> Xalan 2.7.0. We also tried other font supporting IPA. Same thing append.
>
> In the past, we already succeeded in making it works with an older
> version of FOP.
>
> I include the FO, config and the fonts file in attachment.
>
> Do you have any suggestion?

Are you sure you don't get any warning when running Fop? Something like:
Font 'LucidaSansUnicode,normal,400' not found. Substituting with
'any,normal,400'
The value of the metrics-url attribute isn't actually a URL; that might
work, but to be sure try adding "file://" before.
Also, do you specify the config file on the command-line?
    fop -c fop-config.xml ipa.fo.xml res.pdf

HTH,
Vincent

Re: Upper Unicode characters supported?

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Please regenerate the XML font metrics file and don't use the "-enc ansi"
switch. Then it will work.

On 25.01.2007 20:51:26 Dominic Marcotte wrote:
> ATTENTION !!!
> Au moins une pièce jointe à ce message ne vous a pas été transmise
> (fop.bat).
> SVP lire la pièce jointe «AlerteVirus.txt» pour plus d'informations.
>
> Hello,
>
> We need to use Unicode characters in the IPA range (U0250-U02A8). We use
> and embed Lucida Sans Unicode which contains these characters. We notice
> that higher character than U00FF display "#" in the generated PDF. On
> the other hand, lower character than U0100 work fine. We even tried with
> the version "FOP Trunk" revision 499827. (Jan 24th) with Saxon 8.7 and
> Xalan 2.7.0. We also tried other font supporting IPA. Same thing append.
>
> In the past, we already succeeded in making it works with an older
> version of FOP.
>
> I include the FO, config and the fonts file in attachment.
>
> Do you have any suggestion?
>
> Dominic

Jeremias Maerki