Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/18 18:11:57 UTC

Refactoring Release Notes Pages

I'm starting to think that release notes would be more useful if it
was a single page for all of 5.2, with a text block at the top, and
then a sub sections with the individual JIRA issues per version.

I believe currently people are going from 5.1.x to 5.2.4 and seeing
just the 5.2.4 release notes, and missing important details in the
5.2.(x < 4) release notes pages.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: Refactoring Release Notes Pages

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 4:05 PM, Bob Harner <bo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree.  I created the consolidated 5.2 release notes page over the
> weekend for exactly the reason you state,

I noticed that!

> but I think consolidating
> the paragraphs of text all at the top would definitely be an
> improvement.

Right, I think we don't actually need separate pages for 5.2.0, 5.2.1, etc.

Posted by Bob Harner <bo...@gmail.com>.
I agree.  I created the consolidated 5.2 release notes page over the
weekend for exactly the reason you state, but I think consolidating

Posted by Robert Zeigler <ro...@roxanemy.com>.