Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Michael Marshall <mm...@apache.org> on 2022/10/14 22:04:50 UTC

[DISCUSS] Helm Chart Updates and Release Process

Hi Pulsar Community,

I propose that we update our Helm Chart release process so that it
follows the ASF guidelines. My proposed process is in this PR [0]. I
built it by copying the Apache Airflow release process [1] and
modifying it to fit the Apache Pulsar project. The git history shows
my changes.

Please let me know what you think about adopting a new process.

We also need to address several outdated dependencies in our chart
[2]. I started by creating [3] and [4], but I think it would make more
sense to make a breaking change and start using the
kube-prometheus-stack [5] as a helm dependency. Finally, we should
update the helm chart to use 2.10.1. That work is here [6].

Please review the relevant PRs and provide any feedback.

Once we finalize the process, I volunteer to be the first release manager.

Thanks,
Michael

[0] https://github.com/apache/pulsar-helm-chart/pull/301
[1] https://github.com/apache/airflow/blob/main/dev/README_RELEASE_HELM_CHART.md