Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Lars Eirik Rønning <la...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/29 12:53:18 UTC

SVG text replace

Hi.
I have a svg document which contains some textnodes.
I simple would like to replace the nodeValue (that is the text which shows
up),however i get some werid class cast exceptions.
I have simply tried to use element.setNodeValue("My new text"), but this
does not work.
When i try to use setTextContent("my text) i get some errors saying this
abstract method  is not provided.

Hope you can help me!
Lars

Re: SVG text replace

Posted by Lars Eirik Rønning <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi. I had forgotten to retrieve the actual textNode.. thus i was mistaken.
I managed to fix it.

Thanks!

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 1:16 PM, <th...@kodak.com> wrote:

> Hi Lars,
>
> "Lars Eirik Rønning" <la...@gmail.com> wrote on 08/29/2008 06:53:18
> AM:
>

> > I have a svg document which contains some textnodes.
> > I simple would like to replace the nodeValue (that is the text which
> > shows up),however i get some werid class cast exceptions.
> > I have simply tried to use element.setNodeValue("My new text"), but
> > this does not work.
> > When i try to use setTextContent("my text) i get some errors saying
> > this abstract method  is not provided.
>
>    Can you post sample code.  I suspect you are calling the above
> methods on the wrong element in the DOM.

Re: SVG text replace

Posted by th...@kodak.com.