Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Jyothi K <jy...@india.softalia.com> on 2001/09/10 07:17:26 UTC

Does SOAP and ApacheSOAP2.2 support in/out parameters

Hi,
I have a doubt if SOAP supports in/out parameters. If yes then how do i
accomplish that. I would like someone to go through my problem and give me
clear solution. Thanks in advance. I have a method signature as follows "
public void getAddress(Address objAddress)" . As you can see the return type
here is void. But the parameter is in/out parameter. So when I want to
access this method i do the following, here is my client code
//my client code is here
objaddr = new Address();
objaddr.streetName = "ccc";
objaddr.strreNo = 1;
objaddr.zip = 334433;
server objser = new server();
objser.getAddress(objaddr);
DisplayAddress(objaddr);

//my server code is as follows
public void getAddress(Address objaddress)
{
objaddress.phonenumber = 12344;
objaddress.country = "AAA";
}
As you can see here, the Address parameter is sent by ObjectByReference. Now
how do i accomplish this thing using WASP. Should i generate the WSDL for my
Addrinterface class and the Address class. And then generate stubs from the
wsdl and use then in my client. Please help how i can do it.

Thanks,
Jyothi