Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by griff3 <gr...@quik.com> on 2002/12/19 22:03:27 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache, PHP, suexec

I'm new to the list, and apache in general. I've searched archives for
this information, but to no avail.

Currently our web server is setup to use the SuExec module to run CGI
scripts run from a user's directory. However, in the case of PHP files
(we have mod_php installed) they are run as user 'www'. Is there a way
to configure the web server so that not only will it run scripts from
the specified user directory as the user who owns them, but also to run
php files as the user how owns them?

Griff Hamlin

Re: [users@httpd] Apache, PHP, suexec

Posted by Jurgen <ap...@squarehosting.com>.
Hi,

PHP easily allows you to compile yourself an executable, which you can run in the same way as you run perl scripts. That's good enough and really all you need to accomplish what you are looking for.

Jurgen

Posted by Rasmus Lerdorf <ra...@apache.org>.