Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Elena <el...@hotmail.com> on 2002/10/07 11:24:42 UTC

How to create new fields in NewAccount.jsp And insert corresponding value in turbine_user table

Hi everyone,

I have set up MYSQL database with jetspeed.
Also, I could create  a  user(new account) in my MYSQL database.
I could login also.
EVERYTHING WORKS FINE WITH DEFAULT turbine_user table and default
NewAccount.jsp

Now, I want to add some COLUMNS to the turbine_user table.
This I could do by

1. Modifying build/torque/security_schema.xml, adding the new columns to the
Torque XML schema.
2. Modifying build/torque/build.properties to generate DDL for your
particular database (database=)
3. Rebuilding Jetspeed to auto-generate the DDL script for your db

Now, my problem is..

1. How can I add a field to NewAccount.jsp corresponding to the column I
have added to the turbine_user table ??
    Which are the files I need to configure ??
2. How can I insert my data for the new fields(in NewAccount.jsp) in the
turbine_user table ??
    Where I should configure for this ??

COULD ANYONE HELP ME ??

Please help me out.

regards
Elena

R: How to create new fields in NewAccount.jsp And insert corresponding value in turbine_user table

Posted by Dariush Behboudi <da...@glamm.com>.
Hi Elena,
there's a faster way to add new fields (properties) to jetspeed user.
You can use the objectdata field to store (in a persistent way) additional
infos to the user.
These properties will be serialized in this field.
It depends from your need to access datas from other platforms (if you store
properties in this field you'll not able access them querying directly from
db...), but if you want only want to add properties you can consider this
type of implementation (I'm doing this way).
In this way u'll have only to add new fiels to the registration form and
store data directly in this field using setProperty().

If you choose to modify columns, instead, you'll have also to extend the
default jetspeed user, modify the jr.conf to use these classes and so on...
it's not so easy (well, not for me ;-)).

Regards, Dariush.