Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org> on 2017/07/27 21:32:30 UTC

Apache Ignite Site Changed its Face

Igniters,

In favor of the 2.1 release we’ve reworked and renewed the front page and some of the existing pages of the site:
https://ignite.apache.org

The front page reflects the main additions of 2.1, durable memory + persistent store, that opened new opportunities for Ignite. Please welcome new Ignite that “provides in-memory performance with the durability of disk”:
https://twitter.com/denismagda/status/890683287852601345

—
Denis

Re: Apache Ignite Site Changed its Face

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
That’s true, the site is not optimized for mobile and tablet screens. This will be improved in the nearest month.

—
Denis

Posted by Vyacheslav Daradur <da...@gmail.com>.
Looks great!

"Keep calm and join the dark side" :-)

--
Best Regards, Vyacheslav D.

Re: Apache Ignite Site Changed its Face

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Danny Shemesh <da...@gmail.com>.
Looks great guys, kudos !

Posted by Danny Shemesh <da...@gmail.com>.
Looks great guys, kudos !

Posted by Anton Vinogradov <av...@gridgain.com>.
Awesome!

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Anton Vinogradov <av...@gridgain.com>.
Awesome!

Posted by Sergey Kozlov <sk...@gridgain.com>.

--
Sergey Kozlov
GridGain Systems

Re: Apache Ignite Site Changed its Face

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sergey Kozlov <sk...@gridgain.com>.

--
Sergey Kozlov
GridGain Systems

Re: Apache Ignite Site Changed its Face

Posted by Pavel Tupitsyn <pt...@apache.org>.

Posted by Pavel Tupitsyn <pt...@apache.org>.

Posted by Yakov Zhdanov <yz...@apache.org>.

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@boudnik.org>.
Arguably, the website and its theme represents the projects' message.
And should be reflecting that of the community, and not just the
people who happen to be working on the changes in the website code.

Fixing existing or adding new content is different story: have a JIRA,
fix and commit it. Changing the style, content and the overall message
(in this case: "Ignite is now an in-memory DB") looks like a perfect
candidate to reach out for the consensus first.

--
  With regards,
Konstantin (Cos) Boudnik

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Cos,

Got your point. Let’s put out this activity to dedicated discussions so that nobody interested missed any significant change to the site. Here is the first topic and nearest task to work on:
http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/Apache-Ignite-Site-Design-and-UX-Improvements-td20242.html

—
Denis

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.