Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Khaled BEN BAHRI <Kh...@it-sudparis.eu> on 2010/06/02 13:33:13 UTC

error in communication with hdfs

Hi :)

I installed hadoop and i tried to store data in hdfs

but any command i want to execute like fs -mkdir or dfsadmin -report
or any other one tryed to connect to server 10 times but it failed and
gives this error

[khaled-b@node004 bin]$ ./hadoop dfsadmin -report
10/06/02 13:15:45 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server:
/x.x.x.x:9000. Already tried 0 time(s).

Bad connection to DFS... command aborted.

Thank you for any help

khaled

Re: error in communication with hdfs

Posted by Amogh Vasekar <am...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Hi,
Quick couple of questions,
Is the namenode formatted and the daemon started?
Can you ssh w/o password?

Amogh