Posted to builds@apache.org by Tae-Geon Um <ta...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/26 05:46:40 UTC

How to kill running process on Jenkins windows server?

Hi all,

We builds our project (REEF) on Jenkins windows machine.
But, when the builds are triggered on the machine, we've got an error:

Cloning the remote Git repository
Cloning repository git://github.com/apache/incubator-reef.git
ERROR: Failed to clean the workspace
java.nio.file.FileSystemException <http://stacktrace.jenkins-ci.org/search?query=java.nio.file.FileSystemException>: f:\jenkins\jenkins-slave\workspace\Reef-pull-request-windows\lang\java\reef-annotations\target\reef-annotations-0.12.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT.jar: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

(Reference link: https://builds.apache.org/job/Reef-pull-request-windows/441/console <https://builds.apache.org/job/Reef-pull-request-windows/441/console>)

It looks like it cannot clean up some jar because another process is using it.
I think we need to kill the running processes to solve this problem.
However, I don’t know how to kill the running processes on Jenkins windows machine.

Could anyone kindly provide an explanation on how to kill running processes?

Thanks,
Taegeon