Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com> on 2005/09/10 06:53:07 UTC

Tree view?

Does CForms provide any way of generating a tree view?  I was looking at
http://www.tonymarston.net/xml-xsl/xml-and-xsl-treeview.html and would
like to do something similar, but I'd like to use CForms to do it.  I
would also like to not have to collect all the data for the whole tree,
but only collect data when a node is expanded.

Ralph

Re: Tree view?

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Thorsten Scherler wrote:

>On Tue, 2005-09-13 at 18:08 +0200, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>

>>Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>>

>>>Hi Silvain,
>>>

>>That's S*y*lvain :-)
>>

>sorry :(
>
>german guy speaking. ;-)

No worries, but...

>Thanks Sylvian and thanks cocoon community.

That's Sylv*ai*n! I think you really should use copy/paste :-P

S?lv??n

Re: Tree view?

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2005-09-13 at 18:08 +0200, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:

> >Hi Silvain,
> >

> That's S*y*lvain :-)

sorry :(

german guy speaking. ;-)

> >maybe I can help you, I need it in a project. ;-)
> >How can I port it to 2.1? Are there some special thinks that I have to
> >watch for?
> >

> I'll do it if you don't mind as I planned to sync CForms in the coming
> days prior to integrating Max's work on form libraries.
>
> Sylvain

Perfectly alright with me. TIA! I am looking forward to use it in lenya.
I finally got CForms support in a generic way for lenya working, looking
really forward to use this awesome work.

Thanks Sylvian and thanks cocoon community.

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

Re: Tree view?

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Thorsten Scherler wrote:

>On Sat, 2005-09-10 at 10:01 +0200, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>

>>Ralph Goers wrote:
>>

>>>Does CForms provide any way of generating a tree view?  I was looking
>>>at http://www.tonymarston.net/xml-xsl/xml-and-xsl-treeview.html and
>>>would like to do something similar, but I'd like to use CForms to do
>>>it.  I would also like to not have to collect all the data for the
>>>whole tree, but only collect data when a node is expanded.
>>>

>>That's exactly the purpose of the Tree widget that was added in trunk
>>some time ago [1]. It has a lightweight tree model that loads data on
>>demand. I will port this widget to 2.1 very soon.
>>

>Hi Silvain,

That's S*y*lvain :-)

Re: Tree view?

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 2005-09-10 at 10:01 +0200, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Ralph Goers wrote:
>
> > Does CForms provide any way of generating a tree view?  I was looking
> > at http://www.tonymarston.net/xml-xsl/xml-and-xsl-treeview.html and
> > would like to do something similar, but I'd like to use CForms to do
> > it.  I would also like to not have to collect all the data for the
> > whole tree, but only collect data when a node is expanded.
>

> That's exactly the purpose of the Tree widget that was added in trunk
> some time ago [1]. It has a lightweight tree model that loads data on
> demand. I will port this widget to 2.1 very soon.

Hi Silvain,

maybe I can help you, I need it in a project. ;-)
How can I port it to 2.1? Are there some special thinks that I have to
watch for?

TIA
salu2

Re: Tree view?