Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Sundeep Kambhampati <sa...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/17 01:19:10 UTC

Exception in thread event_loop

Hi,

I am using cassandra-2.0.4.

When I execute following python code, I often get an exception mentioned
below. Sometimes it works fine but most of the times it throws an error.
All the nodes are up and running. Data in second column of table is huge,
few thousand characters long and there around 10K rows.

Code :

from cassandra.cluster import Cluster

cluster = Cluster(['10.2.252.0', '10.2.252.1'])
session = cluster.connect('test')

str = "SELECT * FROM users ";
rows = session.execute(str)

for user_row in rows:
    print user_row.f_id, user_row.data

cluster.shutdown()

Exception:

Exception in thread event_loop (most likely raised during interpreter
shutdown):
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 810, in
__bootstrap_inner
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 763, in run
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cassandra/io/asyncorereactor.py",
line 52, in _run_loop
<type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>: __exit__

Can someone help me fixing this error?

Regards,
Sundeep

Re: Exception in thread event_loop

Posted by Alex Popescu <al...@datastax.com>.
Sundeep,

You'll probably have better chances to get these questions answered on the
Python driver group:
https://groups.google.com/a/lists.datastax.com/forum/#!forum/python-driver-user

1. I'd suggest rewriting a bit the first code snippet just to get it to
work first so we can eliminate other possible issues.
2. It looks like an installation issue of libev.

--

:- a)

Alex Popescu
Sen. Product Manager @ DataStax