Posted to users@groovy.apache.org by "Winnebeck, Jason" <Ja...@windstream.com> on 2016/11/21 22:08:32 UTC

GMavenPlus compiles stubs

I recently encountered an error from javac compiling a stub that was otherwise valid from Groovy itself when I enabled generate-stubs task. I resolved the error properly, but I wonder, should javac be compiling stubs when using gmavenplus? I thought it just referred to them but did not compile them. If it's compiling the stubs, am I at risk of having the stub replace the Groovy-generated code in the final jar?

Jason Winnebeck

Re: GMavenPlus compiles stubs

Posted by Jochen Theodorou <bl...@gmx.org>.
On 22.11.2016 04:08, Keegan Witt wrote:
> Jochen is right, Groovy compilation happens after stubgen and javac,
> hence it'll replace those previously generated classes.
>
> Why shouldn't javac compile the stubs?  Wouldn't javac need the classes
> so that it has something to compile against (since Java is statically
> compiled) so that circular compilation works?  GMaven worked this way also.

I don�t know about maven in that, but in case of javac you can have
something like an additional source lookup folder, which will let javac
search for additional sources without actually compiling them,but use
their information. groovyc and the groovy ant task are supporting this.

bye Jochen

Re: GMavenPlus compiles stubs

Posted by Keegan Witt <ke...@gmail.com>.
Jochen is right, Groovy compilation happens after stubgen and javac, hence
it'll replace those previously generated classes.

Why shouldn't javac compile the stubs?  Wouldn't javac need the classes so
that it has something to compile against (since Java is statically
compiled) so that circular compilation works?  GMaven worked this way also.

-Keegan

Posted by Jochen Theodorou <bl...@gmx.org>.