Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Clayton Hicklin <ch...@mutiger.homeip.net> on 2007/02/20 20:57:56 UTC

embedding apacheds

Can someone please point me to some good resources/documentation on how
to embed ApacheDS into another application.  The website and wiki both
seem to be missing this information and any links I can find with Google
are removed or out of date.  Thanks!

Re: embedding apacheds

Posted by Clayton Hicklin <ch...@mutiger.homeip.net>.
Yeah, I looked there and this is what it says:

"Embedding ADS into an application

To be done ..."

I see there are examples of running unit tests below that.  Maybe that
shows me how to embed ADS, but it's not very clear.  I was hoping for
more of a "here are the steps to embed ADS into a Java app".

Stefan Zoerner sent a pretty helpful reply.  Thanks, Stefan.

Re: embedding apacheds

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
Hi Clayton,

Re: embedding apacheds

Posted by Stefan Zoerner <sz...@apache.org>.
Hi Clayton!

Clayton Hicklin wrote:
> Can someone please point me to some good resources/documentation on how
> to embed ApacheDS into another application.  The website and wiki both
> seem to be missing this information and any links I can find with Google
> are removed or out of date.  Thanks!

One option is to take a look at the conference materials

http://directory.apache.org/community%26resources/conference-materials.html

for instance this one

http://directory.apache.org/community%26resources/embedding-apacheds.html

We are currently improving documentation in this area, so the following
is incomplete and not "good" at all yet. But perhaps it is sufficient
for your needs.

http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.0/embedding.html
(The test case starts and stops an embedded server)

I am currently developing an example on how to embed ApacheDS in a Web
Application.

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSBOX/Embedding+ApacheDS+as+a+Web+Application

The aim is to have to most simple example which is still impressive.
Unfortunately, the site currently only shows the idea, the design and
the source code. But I hope to complete it this week. Any feedback is
welcome.

I hope this helps // Greetings from Hamburg,
     Stefan

---8<---

Stefan Zoerner (szoerner@apache.org)
Committer :: PMC Member