Posted to dev@metron.apache.org by Justin Leet <ju...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/13 13:19:03 UTC

Node version with NPM

As a heads up to everyone, if you're using npm v6.x it won't work with Node
10.x, including for basic npm install.  Glancing around online, it sounds
like it may be supported later in the 10.x line.  I ran into this problem
after a Homebrew upgrade, so you might be doing updates a bit more under
the hood.

To get around this, you'll have to downgrade node to the 9.x set of
releases.  There's a tool called NVM <https://github.com/creationix/nvm> that
seems to work pretty decently, but I'm sure there are other alternatives,
too.

The PR to update angular
<https://github.com/apache/metron/pull/1096/files#diff-e8f55f2d9e4f18085052a36d750e9648R28>
uses node 9.11.1 and npm 5.8.0 for metron-alerts, so this seems like a
reasonable recommendation to settle on for now.