Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Th...@aol.com on 2004/12/21 15:32:35 UTC

[users@httpd] Starting apache 1.3 on Windows ME (Error 1157: cannot load php4apache.dll)

Hi,

I am tryingto run Apache 1.3 on my Windows ME notebook. Having made all the
required settings in httpd.conf all I get is the follwoing error-message:

"Syntax Error on line ... of c:/programme/apache
group/apache/conf/httpd.conf: cannot load c:/windows/system/php4apache.dll into server: (1157) ...

The corresponding lines in httpd.conf reads like:

LoadModule php4_module c:/programmierung/php/sapi/php4apache.dll

If have tried several other LoadModule options trying to access the dll at
windos/system, but to no avail.

Does anyone have a clue how to tackle the problem? It must have something to
do with the operating system (Win ME, Version 4.90.3000) on a Pentium III
processor.

Thanks

Thorsten

Re: Starting apache 1.3 on Windows ME (Error 1157: cannot load php4apache.dll)

Posted by Jerry Maloney <je...@lacknergroup.com>.
Thorsten, I am not sure it has to do with your operating system. I may
be way out of my league saying this, but i think the problem is with PHP
4.3.10. I was able to run 4.3.8 just fine, but 4.3.10 does not work and
gives me a very similar error to yours -- php4apache.dll does not seem
to be working correctly. The PHP folks have not been much help so far,
and i'm hoping someone here can help me.

You may find that running an earlier version of PHP solves your problem,
but beware, there is a security hole in it, which is the reason i was
looking to patch it.

HTH,
Jerry