Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jeff Cauhape <jp...@nvdetr.org> on 2017/04/26 17:35:45 UTC

[users@httpd] Looking for direction: porting server from Apache 2.2.2 to 2.4.6 - ProxyHTMLURLMap ?

Hi,

I've been given the task of moving a website from Apache 2.2.2 on Solaris to Apache 2.4.6 on Linux.

So far, so good, but I'm running into a 'syntax' error when a config file uses the ProxyHTMLURLMap
function. Apache 2.4.6 does not recognize this, and I don't have the module (proxy_html_module /
mod_proxy_html.so) required to support it.

So... should I substitute calls to ProxyHTMLURLMap to some other function in 2.4.6 (if so which),
or if not, where can I get the compiled function or source code?  From my take on the doc, proxy_html_module
is supposed to be available, but is not included. It would be handy to know where I can get the source
and compile my own, if that's the way to go.

Thanks in advance for any tips or suggestions,

Jeff Cauhape
IT Professional III
Department of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation
Phone 1-775-684-3804
Email: jpcauhape@nvdetr.org

RE: [users@httpd] Looking for direction: porting server from Apache 2.2.2 to 2.4.6 - ProxyHTMLURLMap ?

Posted by Jeff Cauhape <jp...@nvdetr.org>.
I don’t think I’m a stupid person, nor do I think I am blind, but
I am unable to find the location at the apache.org site where I
can down load the source code for modules, such as mod_proxy_html.

The only download location I see is for either downloading
Apache itself (done that, and have built it), or for 2 or 3 particular
modules (mod_fcgid, mod_ftp).

When I look at the source distribution for Apache 2.4.25, I do
find some files for mod_proxy_html, but they are for a Windows build.

I went to the webthing site, and they suggest getting the code from
apache.org as it’s more up to date. Arrrrrggggg…..

If someone could throw me a clue as to HOW to find the source
for the modules that are supposed to be supported, I would greatly
appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jeff

I’ve been given the task of moving a website from Apache 2.2.2 on Solaris to Apache 2.4.6 on Linux.

So far, so good, but I’m running into a ‘syntax’ error when a config file uses the ProxyHTMLURLMap
function. Apache 2.4.6 does not recognize this, and I don’t have the module (proxy_html_module /
mod_proxy_html.so) required to support it.

So… should I substitute calls to ProxyHTMLURLMap to some other function in 2.4.6 (if so which),
or if not, where can I get the compiled function or source code?  From my take on the doc, proxy_html_module
is supposed to be available, but is not included. It would be handy to know where I can get the source
and compile my own, if that’s the way to go.

Thanks in advance for any tips or suggestions,

mod_proxy_html is included in the official httpd release so you can easily find it in https://httpd.apache.org. I think that your distribution might offer it under a separate package, but it is difficult to say without more info.

Hope that helps!

Luca

Re: [users@httpd] Looking for direction: porting server from Apache 2.2.2 to 2.4.6 - ProxyHTMLURLMap ?

Posted by Luca Toscano <to...@gmail.com>.