Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Tom Place <ps...@nottingham.ac.uk> on 2002/11/10 13:04:45 UTC

Session Woes

Hi all,

Apologies for the relatively low level of this email but someone out
there must be able to answer in 1 min what I have been failing to do for
days now.

This simple XSP file:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsp:page
  xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp"
  xmlns:xsp-session="http://apache.org/xsp/session/2.0"
  create-session="true">

  <page>
    <xsp-session:set-attribute
name="fruit">Apple</xsp-session:set-attribute>
    <fruit><xsp-session:get-attribute name="fruit"/></fruit>
  </page>

</xsp:page>

Should produce the following XML right?

<page>
  <fruit>Apple</fruit>
</page>

What am I doing wrong if the session attributes are being ignored and I
get the following XML

  <page>
    <xsp-session:set-attribute
name="fruit">Apple</xsp-session:set-attribute>
    <fruit><xsp-session:get-attribute name="fruit"/></fruit>
  </page>

Again my apologies if I have missed the obvious but this example if off
the cocoon site and should work?!

Thanks

Tom

Re: Session Woes

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.
Tom Place wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Apologies for the relatively low level of this email but someone out
>there must be able to answer in 1 min what I have been failing to do for
>days now.
>
>This simple XSP file:
>
><?xml version="1.0"?>
><xsp:page
>  xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp"
>  xmlns:xsp-session="http://apache.org/xsp/session/2.0"
>  create-session="true">
>
>  <page>
>    <xsp-session:set-attribute
>name="fruit">Apple</xsp-session:set-attribute>
>    <fruit><xsp-session:get-attribute name="fruit"/></fruit>
>  </page>
>
></xsp:page>
>
>Should produce the following XML right?
>
><page>
>  <fruit>Apple</fruit>
></page>
>
>What am I doing wrong if the session attributes are being ignored and I
>get the following XML
>
>  <page>
>    <xsp-session:set-attribute
>name="fruit">Apple</xsp-session:set-attribute>
>    <fruit><xsp-session:get-attribute name="fruit"/></fruit>
>  </page>
>
>Again my apologies if I have missed the obvious but this example if off
>the cocoon site and should work?!

There are two cases that can cause XSP taglib markup to be ignored by
the XSP engine and produced "as is" in the output document : either the
taglib namespace is wrong (this isn't the case here), or the the taglib
isn't declared in cocoon.xconf.

You should check that the following exists in your cocoon.xconf :

  <markup-languages>
    <xsp-language name="xsp" logger="core.markup.xsp">
      <target-language name="java">
        <builtin-logicsheet>
          <parameter name="prefix" value="xsp-session"/>
          <parameter name="uri" value="http://apache.org/xsp/session/2.0"/>
          <parameter name="href"
value="resource://org/apache/cocoon/components/language/markup/xsp/java/session.xsl"/>
        </builtin-logicsheet>

Hope this helps.

Sylvain