Posted to jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org by Robin Sharma <pr...@yahoo.com> on 2006/01/04 06:03:09 UTC

Getting the latest JCS jar

Hi,
  I downloaded the latest JCS jar (jcs-1.2.6.8.jar)
from
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta/jcs/trunk/tempbuild/

I found out that it is dependent on
EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent package written by
Doug Lea.

I did not find any jar containing the
EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent package.

My question is:
1. Do I have to build the jar from Doug Lea's source
and place it in the classpath or Is there any other
way?

2. Now that we have java.util.concurrent package in
J2SE 5.0,
   Should JCS use java.util.concurrent instead of
EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent package.

Any clue will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Robin

Re: Getting the latest JCS jar

Posted by Alistair Forbes <al...@2e-systems.com>.
Many people have the same problem getting things running. We really need
a new a "getting started" guide and/or a FAQ page.

Actually some navigation like other projects (e.g.
http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/network/features.html ) would help.

I'd be willing to help in this if needed.

Posted by Hanson Char <ha...@gmail.com>.