Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "sean.chen(陈思淼)" <ch...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/20 07:01:21 UTC

why my own plugin's version cant be SNAPSHOT?

My plugin run without pom, and I use this command to run it:        mvn
com.mycompany.maven.plugins:maven-myplugin-plugin:1.0-SNAPSHOT:exec
here is the error message:

> GroupId: com.mycompany.maven.plugins

ArtifactId: maven-myplugin-plugin

Version: 1.0-SNAPSHOT

>   com.mycompany.maven.plugins:maven-myplugin-plugin:pom:1.0-SNAPSHOT
>

> from the specified remote repositories:

  tbmirror-central (http://192.168.207.161:8081/artifactory/repo)

but if I upgrade the version to 1.0,and it works!!
       mvn com.mycompany.maven.plugins:maven-myplugin-plugin:1.0:exec

here is the Message:
[INFO] Scanning for projects...

Downloading:
> http://192.168.207.161:8081/artifactory/repo/com/mycompany/maven/plugins/maven-myplugin-plugin/1.0/maven-myplugin-plugin-1.0.pom

Downloading:
> http://192.168.207.161:8081/artifactory/repo/com/mycompany/maven/plugins/maven-myplugin-plugin/1.0/maven-myplugin-plugin-1.0.pom

[INFO]

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR

[INFO]

I am sure the Maven Core wont download my plugin when the version is
1.0-SNAPSHOT, can throw a "Unable to download" exception,
Maybe you should try the two command in your own machine:
        mvn
com.mycompany.maven.plugins:maven-myplugin-plugin:1.0-SNAPSHOT:exec
        mvn com.mycompany.maven.plugins:maven-myplugin-plugin:1.0:exec
you Will see the second one, the Maven will try to download the plugin,but
the first one,it do nothing, that's  ridiculous!

Re: why my own plugin's version cant be SNAPSHOT?

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
In ~/.m2/settings.xml

<settings xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0"
                      http://maven.apache.org/xsd/settings-1.0.0.xsd">
  <profiles>
    <profile>
      <repositories>
      </repositories>
      <pluginRepositories>
        <pluginRepository>
          <id>codehausSnapshots</id>
          <name>Codehaus Snapshots</name>
          <releases>
            <enabled>false</enabled>
            <updatePolicy>always</updatePolicy>
            <checksumPolicy>warn</checksumPolicy>
          </releases>
          <snapshots>
            <enabled>true</enabled>
            <updatePolicy>never</updatePolicy>
            <checksumPolicy>fail</checksumPolicy>
          </snapshots>
          <url>http://snapshots.maven.codehaus.org/maven2</url>
          <layout>default</layout>
        </pluginRepository>
      </pluginRepositories>
    </profile>
  </profiles>
</settings>

If you don't have snapshots enabled for your plugin repository, maven will
not see any snapshots in that repository

Posted by "sean.chen(陈思淼)" <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.