Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com> on 2007/03/22 22:26:30 UTC

[axis2] REFACTORING ALERT!!

Hi folks:

Please check out this commit -

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&rev=521461

It switches the naming of Modules from QNames (which, as discussed, we
never actually needed nor used) to Strings, avoiding lots of unnecessary
object creations and generally cleaning things up.  This does affect our
public APIs, so please review and let me know if there are any issues.

I am planning to make deprecated versions of the "setter" portions of
these APIs available by the release, but for now they either aren't
present or commented out so that we in Apache-WS-land can be alerted of
breakage up front.

Thanks,
--Glen

Re: [axis2] REFACTORING ALERT!!

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Glen

Maybe Axis2 could use JarDiff (http://www.osjava.org/jardiff/CLI.html)
to generate content for the release notes on the public API changes.
Check
http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpcore-4.0-alpha4-preview/RELEASE_NOTES.txt
for a sample usage

asankha