Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by Nagaraju Kurma <na...@enhancesys.com> on 2015/01/24 09:17:39 UTC

Handling Shiro UnknownSessionException

Hi Team,

Having the problems while working with apache shiro.

I have an application with the basic configuration of shiro and spring. The
application is working fine with shiro configuration, But it keeps on
logging the following exception.

org.apache.shiro.session.UnknownSessionException: There is no session with
id [e983f53d-9691-4067-b8ae-3f6116836fde]
at
org.apache.shiro.session.mgt.eis.AbstractSessionDAO.readSession(AbstractSessionDAO.java:170)
at
org.apache.shiro.session.mgt.DefaultSessionManager.retrieveSessionFromDataSource(DefaultSessionManager.java:236)
at
org.apache.shiro.session.mgt.DefaultSessionManager.retrieveSession(DefaultSessionManager.java:222)
at
org.apache.shiro.session.mgt.AbstractValidatingSessionManager.doGetSession(AbstractValidatingSessionManager.java:118)
at
org.apache.shiro.session.mgt.AbstractNativeSessionManager.lookupSession(AbstractNativeSessionManager.java:105)

How to handle this exception and where to handle it.

Could you please suggest where it might went wrong and the way forward.
Thanks in advance.

--

Thanks & Regards

Nagaraju Kurma

Re: Handling Shiro UnknownSessionException

Posted by Stephen McCants <st...@hcs.us.com>.
Did the session expire and was removed after expiring from the database?  Are you seeing problems from the customer perspective (e.g. web pages
didn't load or something similar)?

--Stephen McCants

On Sat, 24 Jan 2015 13:47:39 +0530
Nagaraju Kurma <na...@enhancesys.com> wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> Having the problems while working with apache shiro.
>
> I have an application with the basic configuration of shiro and spring. The
> application is working fine with shiro configuration, But it keeps on
> logging the following exception.
>
> org.apache.shiro.session.UnknownSessionException: There is no session with
> id [e983f53d-9691-4067-b8ae-3f6116836fde]
> at
> org.apache.shiro.session.mgt.eis.AbstractSessionDAO.readSession(AbstractSessionDAO.java:170)
> at
> org.apache.shiro.session.mgt.DefaultSessionManager.retrieveSessionFromDataSource(DefaultSessionManager.java:236)
> at
> org.apache.shiro.session.mgt.DefaultSessionManager.retrieveSession(DefaultSessionManager.java:222)
> at
> org.apache.shiro.session.mgt.AbstractValidatingSessionManager.doGetSession(AbstractValidatingSessionManager.java:118)
> at
> org.apache.shiro.session.mgt.AbstractNativeSessionManager.lookupSession(AbstractNativeSessionManager.java:105)
>

> How to handle this exception and where to handle it.
>
> Could you please suggest where it might went wrong and the way forward.
> Thanks in advance.

Stephen McCants
Senior Software Engineer
Healthcare Control Systems, Inc.