Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by scott chu <sc...@udngroup.com> on 2010/03/26 03:34:15 UTC

How can I do this in Solr?

I have a input xml data file & it has a  'Reporters' tag looks like this:

<StaffGroup>
    <Staff>
        <name>AAA</name>
        <title>manager</title>
    </Staff>
    <Staff>
        <name>BBB</name>
        <title>coordinator</title>
    </Staff>
</StaffGroup>

You see name & title are paired. As I know, Solr only support a field with mutliple value of primitive type, e.g. string. But in my case, it's a field with mutiple value of another paired name-title values. How can I configure Solr to deal with this case?

Best Regards,

Scott Chu

Re: How can I do this in Solr?

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
You can create a field 'staff' with field values AAA_manager and
BBB_coordinator. This preserves the database relationship.

In general, think of a Solr index as one database table: you have to
flatten (denormalize) a standard database schema.

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com