Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Łukasz Tasz <lu...@tasz.eu> on 2013/02/08 11:49:11 UTC

metadata_maven.xml

Hi All,

I have simple question, can I somehow disable deployment of metadata_maven.xml?
my repository manager cares for it bu it's own, so it causes
unnecessary load - which is currently my problem...

thanks in advance

Łukasz Tasz

Re: metadata_maven.xml

Posted by Łukasz Tasz <lu...@tasz.eu>.
Hi,
You understood exactly what I want.
Currently I have issues with repository manager, it's not able to
handle all deploys which are happening.
On repository side metadata_maven.xml is ignored, and regenerated, and
since deploys fails with metadata.xml I would like to remove it.

Łukasz Tasz

Re: metadata_maven.xml

Posted by Baptiste MATHUS <ml...@batmat.net>.
Hi,

Re: metadata_maven.xml

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi Łukasz,

without the full information it's hard to guess what's wrong...my glass bulp is under maintenance ;-)

> Generally I think I reached limit of of number artifacts that could be
> deployed at one time...
What does this mean? The limit of the number of artifacts ? I can't believe that ...

> > Which RM do you use ?
>
> Until support doing a lot to solve this issue I would like to not make
> anti-advertisement :)

It's not the point to discuss positve or negative it's the intention to solve the problem...and of course it would be interessting for the companies to know if something is going wrong...

Artifactory, Nexus, Archiva ?

Kind regards
Karl-Heinz Marbaise

Re: metadata_maven.xml

Posted by Łukasz Tasz <lu...@tasz.eu>.
Hi all,

thanks a lot for answers,

2013/2/8 Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>:
> Hi Łukasz,
>
> unfortunately you can't disable the deployment of the metadata...
and I will not write own workaround :)

> But what is the real problem with load on your repository manager server ?

Generally I think I reached limit of of number artifacts that could be
deployed at one time...

> Really causing problems only by metadata ?
for sure not, metadata is one of artifact which is being deployed, and
until main articact is deployed successfuly, and error occures when
metadata is dpeloyed then whole transaction is failed - which is
failing the build - that's why I thought about ignoring metadata at
the beginning.

> Which RM do you use ?

Until support doing a lot to solve this issue I would like to not make
anti-advertisement :)

regards
L.

Re: metadata_maven.xml