Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Lahiru Gunathilake <gl...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/05 07:36:32 UTC

Ignoring distributionmanagement repositories and use only the settings.xml repository list to upload artifacts

Hi all,

I have tons of pom files in my project and each file is having its own maven
repository listed in their distributionmanagement elements, so I want to use
a single repo to do the mvn deploy and point my repository using
settings.xml file.

I like to know whether this is possible with maven 2.1.0 or not, if this is
possible can someone please point me on how to do that !

Thanks in advance
Lahiru

--
Apache Qpid, Worlds dominant messaging middleware..!!!

Senior Software Engineer
WSO2 Inc

Re: Ignoring distributionmanagement repositories and use only the settings.xml repository list to upload artifacts

Posted by Jemos Infra <je...@googlemail.com>.
You can create a super-parent POM, which defines only the distribution
repositories. This is very unlikely to change therefore having all your
projects to extend this one should be relatively safe.

M.

Posted by Jemos Infra <je...@googlemail.com>.
No, you can run deploy from any child project. <meta> information, such
as dependencymanagement and distributionmanagement elements are just
meta-data. Children inherit those information as these were declared in
their POM.

M.

Posted by Lahiru Gunathilake <gl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.