Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Alexander Koppelhuber <to...@gmx.net> on 2002/10/30 10:25:13 UTC

ArrayOutOfBoundsException when generating font metrics

When I use the following command to generate the font
metrics file:
"C:\development\sdk\fop> java org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader
Frutiger-BoldItalic.ttf FrutigerRoman.xml"

then I get this exception:

TTF Reader v1.1.1

Reading
C:\development\myprojects\PrintGen\res\fonts\Frutiger-BoldItalic.ttf...

Number of glyphs in font: 215
        at org.apache.fop.fonts.TTFFile.readCMAP(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.fop.fonts.TTFFile.readFont(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader.loadTTF(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader.main(Unknown Source)

Any ideas????

Alex

Re: ArrayOutOfBoundsException when generating font metrics

Posted by Jon Kofal <jo...@yahoo.com>.
use a font editor to open and re-save the file.

Font Creator Program worked for me.

http://www.high-logic.com/download.html

jk

--- Alexander Koppelhuber <to...@gmx.net> wrote:
> When I use the following command to generate the font
> metrics file:
> "C:\development\sdk\fop> java org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader
> Frutiger-BoldItalic.ttf FrutigerRoman.xml"
>
> then I get this exception:
>
> TTF Reader v1.1.1
>
> Reading

C:\development\myprojects\PrintGen\res\fonts\Frutiger-BoldItalic.ttf...

> Number of glyphs in font: 215
>         at org.apache.fop.fonts.TTFFile.readCMAP(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.fop.fonts.TTFFile.readFont(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader.loadTTF(Unknown
> Source)
>         at org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader.main(Unknown Source)
>

> Any ideas????
>
> Alex

HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/