Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by kalin mintchev <ka...@el.net> on 2006/01/23 12:45:56 UTC

xmlsec.jar

   hi all...

   setting up axis on tomcat 5.0.30.
   so far managed to set everything untill i the xmlsec.jar. i got the
source from apache.org and i was trying to run ant test (following the
instructions) but the build fails. the first 'bad' line is:
 Could not load definitions from resource clovertasks. It could not be
found.

then a lot of errors with the same problem:
package org.apache.commons.logging does not exist

the directory xml-security-1_3_0/src/org/apache is empty...

what next?

thanks

axis doesn't work?! [was: Re: xmlsec.jar]

Posted by kalin mintchev <ka...@el.net>.
 there is no records of what is happening in any log anywhere on the machine?
tomcat's logs don't say anything...
what log is axis writing to?!

>> I didnt have to rebuild the xmlsec.jar, it was part of
>> the bianry download
>
>   ok.. i did the same thing. got xmlsec-1.3.0.jar.
>   now what i get is:
>
> Warning: could not find a dependency of class
org.apache.xml.security.Init
> from file XML Security is not supported.
>
>   now its not supported?!?!?!
>
>   anyway.. i decided to go ahead and try a few things.
>
>   first i tried was List i got a list but no links except to a wsdl
> document that displays as just xml source file. and nothing really
happens. when clicking Call the browser just spins and spins - nothing
happens.

Re: xmlsec.jar

Posted by kalin mintchev <ka...@el.net>.

Re: xmlsec.jar

Posted by "griss@andrew.cmu.edu" <gr...@andrew.cmu.edu>.
I had probems intially, but XMLSEC is optional anyway.

My notes say:

 Option: xmlsec.jar, get from http://xml.apache.org/security/

    * xmlsec.jar is not there, just xmlsec-1-3.jar
    * Place xmlsec-1-3.jar in the
      C:\apache-tomcat-5.5.15\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\lib, and in
      C:\axis-1_3\lib

Then it worked. I didnt have to rebuild the xmlsec.jar, it was part of
the bianry download

--
Martin Griss, PhD

Associate Dean for Education