Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Robert Menschel <Ro...@Menschel.net> on 2004/09/11 23:24:30 UTC

Nightly mass-check errors/warnings

I'm on my way to participating in the nightly mass-check.  Looks like I
have everything working, except that the weekly mass-check, with network
tests, takes forever.

I'm going to implement local rbldnsd capabilities to try to speed that
up.

During this test of the weekly mass-check, I got several errors displayed
to my log that I wanted to run past the development team.  Are any of
these something that should be reported to Bugzilla?

# mass-check results from Owner@RoMe6, on Sat Sep 11 17:05:44 UTC 2004
# M:SA version 3.0.0-rc5-r43642
# SVN revision: 23162
# Perl version: 5.008005 on cygwin-thread-multi-64int

> lock: 21976 unlink of lock file
>    /home/Owner/SAmc/svn/spamassassin/masses/spamassassin/auto-whitelist.lock failed:
>    No such file or directory

There are quite a few of these, for auto-whitelist.lock, and bayes.lock
-- 19 of them over the course of six hours. I'm guessing it has to do
with the delays caused by my network tests.

> bayes: bayes db version 0 is not able to be used, aborting! at
>    /home/Owner/SAmc/svn/spamassassin/masses/../lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/BayesStore/DBM.pm
>    line 160.

This one concerns me -- only one instance, several hours into the run,
and otherwise there seems to be no problem with Bayes:
-rw-------    1 Owner    None        29688 Sep 11 14:12 ./svn/spamassassin/masses/spamassassin/bayes_journal
-rw-------    1 Owner    None       167936 Sep 11 14:12 ./svn/spamassassin/masses/spamassassin/bayes_seen
-rw-------    1 Owner    None      2619392 Sep 11 14:12 ./svn/spamassassin/masses/spamassassin/bayes_toks

> SPF: lookup failed: __alarm__
Might be another transient network problem. I have entries like
> SPF_HELO_SOFTFAIL
in my spam.log file output, so SPF itself seems to be operational.

> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
>    /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Net/DNS/RR/TXT.pm line 5.
> Compilation failed in require at (eval 104) line 3.
> Can't locate object method "new" via package "Net::DNS::RR::TXT" at
>    /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Net/DNS/RR.pm line 241.
> readline failed, attempting to recover

This one concerns me -- might be a specific bug brought to light by a
specific email, but I am not sure how to determine that.

If anyone wants more information, and can give me suggestions how to
obtain that more information, I'd be glad to oblige.

Bob Menschel