Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/18 18:08:23 UTC

[m2] Plugins from alternate repositories

A coworker is using NetBeans (5.0 beta 2) and I'm attempting to help
him get it to cooperate with Maven.

So far we've settled on using Wilfred Springer's plugin, which we did
manage to retrieve by following the instructions here:
   http://blogs.sun.com/roller/page/wilfred?entry=maven_2_netbeans_plugin_installation1

The instructions involve using his repository as a mirror to get the
plugin, then switching back to the central repo afterwards.  Surely
there's a better way!

I've added:
   <repositories>
      <repository>
         <id>agilejava</id>
         <name>Agilejava</name>
         <url>http://agilejava.com/maven</url>
      </repository>
   </repositories>
to the top-level pom.xml, but m2 doesn't retrieve the plugin when I
type 'mvn netbeans:netbeans'.  Then I found and read the Plugin
Registry guide [0] but I'm not sure if that's what I need...

How do I configure the Agilejava repository so m2 will retrieve plugins from it?

Are there other Maven 2 + NetBeans options that we should take a look at?

Thanks in advance!

[0] http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-plugin-registry.html

--
Wendy

Re: [m2] Plugins from alternate repositories

Posted by dan tran <da...@gmail.com>.
use <pluginRepositories>
 -Dan

Posted by Milos Kleint <mk...@gmail.com>.
I have a prototype of netbeans plugin that is able to load the pom.xml and
create a special project type for it. it's a conversion of th emevenide for
netbeans (that works for maven1) It's not even alpha yet though..

there is also a maven2 netbeans plugin at
mojo.codehaus.org<http://mojo.codehaus.org>,
I think it's more feature rich than the Wilfred's plugin. It was not
released yet AFAIK.

Regards

Milos Kleint