Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Costin Manolache <co...@eng.sun.com> on 2000/07/18 21:22:31 UTC

More on ClassLoader

It seems there is a bit more than order, and I think AdaptiveClassLoader

needs a complete rewrite, and the sooner the better.

Comparing with URLClassLoader, we just ignore the "Sealed" manifest
attribute, we don't define packages, few JDK1.2 methods are not
implemented.

Given that in JDK1.1 we can't support security anyway, we can
keep ACL for JDK1.1, and maybe a good idea is to just use URLClassLoader

in JDK1.2 ( with the right hierarchy ).

The only extension to URLClassLoader is a notification of all loads to
be sent to a dependency checker. Moving the dep checker outside in
 a standalone component will also allow both sync and async dependency
checks.

Costin