Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by "James A. Hillyerd" <ja...@hillyerd.com> on 2002/04/02 11:30:43 UTC

Torque Stability?

I'm considering moving a project I am developing over to Torque, as it
matches my hand-made OM very closely, but would obviously provide more
features and increase maintainability.

My question is:  How close is a Torque 3.0 to a final release?  I see
there is a beta-1 available, and someone on the struts mailing list said
he was using a nightly build in production.

Are many of you using Torque nightly builds in production?  With a
PostgreSQL 7.1 3 database?  On Tomcat 3.3.1?

Thanks for any advice!

-james

--
[]  James A. Hillyerd <ja...@hillyerd.com> - Java Developer
[]  PGP 1024D/D31BC40D F87B 7906 C0DA 32E8 B8F6 DE23 FBF6 4712 D31B C40D

Re: Torque Stability?

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
"James A. Hillyerd" <ja...@hillyerd.com> writes:

> I'm considering moving a project I am developing over to Torque, as it
> matches my hand-made OM very closely, but would obviously provide more
> features and increase maintainability.
>
> My question is:  How close is a Torque 3.0 to a final release?  I see
> there is a beta-1 available, and someone on the struts mailing list said
> he was using a nightly build in production.
>
> Are many of you using Torque nightly builds in production?  With a
> PostgreSQL 7.1 3 database?  On Tomcat 3.3.1?
>
> Thanks for any advice!

I've been using Toque CVS HEAD in production for a couple years now.
It's rock solid used in conjunction with the MM MySQL JDBC driver.

Re: Torque Stability?

Posted by Bill Schneider <bs...@vecna.com>.
> Are many of you using Torque nightly builds in production?  With a
> PostgreSQL 7.1 3 database?  On Tomcat 3.3.1?

We've been using a Torque CVS checkout in production with PostgreSQL 7.2 or
Oracle 9i.  It's at least as reliable or stable as developing an OM from
scratch would have been.  Granted we've made a few patches along the way but
they've been relatively minor.

-- Bill