Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Denys <dh...@serena.com> on 2012/04/23 12:21:32 UTC

Is it possible to embed .swf file into PDF and dynamically pass parameters to it (through XML string)?

Hi -

I am looking for a good Java library which gives the opportunity to create
PDF files from Java application. These files are some kind of reports. Part
of them are graphical reports (FusionChart reports) and I need to embed .swf
files into my PDF (also dynamically in Java application) and pass some
parameters to is (as flashvars).

Is it possible to do using Aspose java library for working with PDF?

Thanks in advance,
     -Denys

Re: Is it possible to embed .swf file into PDF and dynamically pass parameters to it (through XML string)?

Posted by Jayant Ghagre <Ja...@ambest.com>.
Denys,

There is a licensed 3rd party tool (XF Rendering Server by Ecrion, Inc
[ www.ecrion.com ] ) which would allow you to create PDF with embeded .swf
file.

Thanks,
Jayant

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |Denys <dh...@serena.com>                                                                                                                     |
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org                                                                                                                  |
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |04/23/2012 06:22 AM                                                                                                                               |
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  |Is it possible to embed .swf file into PDF and dynamically pass parameters to it (through XML string)?                                            |

Hi -

I am looking for a good Java library which gives the opportunity to create
PDF files from Java application. These files are some kind of reports. Part
of them are graphical reports (FusionChart reports) and I need to
embed .swf
files into my PDF (also dynamically in Java application) and pass some
parameters to is (as flashvars).

Is it possible to do using Aspose java library for working with PDF?

Thanks in advance,
     -Denys

*******************************************************************************************************************************
The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may
contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use
of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the
intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete
the material from any computer.

A.M. Best Company Inc., Oldwick NJ, USA and its subsidiaries.

Re: Is it possible to embed .swf file into PDF and dynamically pass parameters to it (through XML string)?

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
On 23/04/2012 11:21, Denys wrote:
> Hi -

Hi Denys,

> I am looking for a good Java library which gives the opportunity to create
> PDF files from Java application. These files are some kind of reports. Part
> of them are graphical reports (FusionChart reports) and I need to embed .swf
> files into my PDF (also dynamically in Java application) and pass some
> parameters to is (as flashvars).
>
> Is it possible to do using Aspose java library for working with PDF?

Apache FOP is the wrong tool for this job. FOP is about processing
XSL-FO input not creating PDF direct from Java. Apache PDFBox is a PDF
Library written in Java, from which you will be able to build PDF direct
from a Java program. I'm not sure whether PDFBox will let you embed .swf
stream into the PDF. This question is best asked on the pdfbox-users
mailing list.

Thanks,

Chris