Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Nate Smith <na...@thebackrow.net> on 2001/10/29 17:45:50 UTC

SessionX

Hi,
	I'm trying to setup sessions using apache 1.3.22, mysql 3.23.36,
Apache::Session 1.54, Embperl 1.3.3.  I have created a table in a mysql
db just as described in the documentation, and I have the following
apache (relevant) configuration:

<Directory "/">
        <FilesMatch ".*\.html$">
                PerlSetVar Allow yes
                SetHandler perl-script
                PerlHandler HTML::EmbperlObject
                PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_OBJECT_BASE template.epl
                PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_SESSION_CLASSES "MySQL Semaphore"
                PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_SESSION_ARGS "DataSource=dbi:mysql:mydbname UserName=myusername Password=mypasswd"
                PerlSetEnv PATH " "
                Options ExecCGI
        </FilesMatch>
        <FilesMatch ".*\.epl$">
                Order allow,deny
                Allow From all
        </FilesMatch>
</Directory>

But when I use %udat I don't see any activity in the database, and never
see any entries created in the sessions table.  What *does* happen,
is the udat information appears and dissapears depending on the
child process of apache that I happen to connect to.  This implies that
embperl is *not* using the setup I have defined above. How can I fix this?

Nate Smith

Re: SessionX

Posted by Nate Smith <na...@thebackrow.net>.
> the following is correct:
>
> PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_SESSION_CLASSES "File Semaphore"
> PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_SESSION_ARGS "Directory=/home/www/ssl/sessions"
> PerlModule HTML::Embperl;
>
> Gerald

Whoops!  Thanks, I'm a little slow today ... i was thinking you meant
something else.. That fixed it of course.

Nate

Re: SessionX

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> <Directory "/">
>         <FilesMatch ".*\.html$">
>                 PerlSetVar Allow yes
>                 SetHandler perl-script
>                 PerlHandler HTML::EmbperlObject
>                 PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_OBJECT_BASE template.epl
>                 PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_SESSION_CLASSES "MySQL Semaphore"
>                 PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_SESSION_ARGS
"DataSource=dbi:mysql:mydbname UserName=myusername Password=mypasswd"

The two setting above has to apear _before_ Embperl is loaded. E.g. outside
of any Directory section:

   PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_SESSION_CLASSES "MySQL Semaphore"
   PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_SESSION_ARGS "DataSource=dbi:mysql:mydbname
UserName=myusername Password=mypasswd"
    PerlModule HTML::Embperl

If you done it correct, Apache will say Embperl session management enabled
at server startup

Gerald