Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Kouhei Sutou <ko...@clear-code.com> on 2018/07/19 10:12:52 UTC

Re: Need a release manager for Arrow 0.10.0

Hi,

I want to take packaging related tasks but I'm busy between
23th and 26th... I'll do at least the Ruby bindings related
tasks. Because 0.10.0 is the first release of the Ruby
bindings.

I hope that I can do other packaging related tasks.

I have a PyPI account: https://pypi.org/user/kou/
Do I need other accounts to release packages? conda-forge?

I have a GPG key: https://github.com/kou.gpg

kou

In <CA...@mail.gmail.com>

Posted by Kouhei Sutou <ko...@clear-code.com>.
Hi,

Thanks! I've confirmed that I'm a member of pyarrow on PyPI.

I've added my GPG key to both KEYS files.

--
kou

In <15...@webmail.messagingengine.com>

Posted by Kouhei Sutou <ko...@clear-code.com>.
Hi,

Thanks! I've approved all of them!

--
kou

In <15...@webmail.messagingengine.com>
  "Re: Need a release manager for Arrow 0.10.0" on Fri, 20 Jul 2018 06:55:30 +0200,

Posted by "Uwe L. Korn" <uw...@xhochy.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Kouhei Sutou <ko...@clear-code.com>.
Hi,

> @kou, the conda-forge repositories in question are:
>
> https://github.com/conda-forge/arrow-cpp-feedstock
> https://github.com/conda-forge/parquet-cpp-feedstock
> https://github.com/conda-forge/pyarrow-feedstock
>
> Updating them is a bit laborious because we have arrow-cpp ->
> parquet-cpp -> pyarrow dependency. So the updates must be completed
> serially

Thanks! I've missed "Updating conda packages" section in
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ARROW/Release+Management+Guide .
Sorry.

I'll be able to send pull requests to them.

> We should maybe post the voted-on release binaries at
> anaconda.org/apache eventually but that doesn't need to happen this
> release cycle

OK. I'll do it after we have the released 0.10.0 source
archive.

--
kou

In <CA...@mail.gmail.com>
  "Re: Need a release manager for Arrow 0.10.0" on Thu, 19 Jul 2018 09:50:53 -0400,

Posted by Krisztián Szűcs <sz...@gmail.com>.
On Jul 19 2018, at 3:50 pm, Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Kou!
> @Krisztian, where do we stand with the conda recipes in apache/arrow
> vs. the ones in conda-forge? Will the updates there still be manual?

Yes, I'm afraid so. Conda forge has a tightly coupled infrastructure with
conda-smithy and the ci services (including circleci for linux packages
which we cannot depend on - AFAIK). We can figure out something to
keep the recipes/feedstocks in sync, but not sure it's worth the effort.

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Kou!

Posted by "Uwe L. Korn" <uw...@xhochy.com>.
Hi,