Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Scott Lewis <sl...@egrantsho.cayuse.com> on 2005/05/25 00:09:39 UTC

Deadlock in Slide 2.1 RC 1 /Tomcat 5.0.29

Greetings Sliders,

We are working with/using the Slide libraries (2.1RC1) on Tomcat (v
5.0.28 currently).   We are having what seems to be a deadlock condition
inside the Slide server code.

A couple of questions come up:
1) Is there are more recent version of Slide that is available?  (i.e.
2.1 RC1 has been out for some time).
2) Does anyone on this list (or others) know of this deadlock bug and
have a fix?
3) Is there a version of Slide that runs on 5.5 (jvm 1.5)?

The 1.5 vm has some support for deadlock detection which we could use to
help figure out where the problem is if necessary/appropriate, but we
would need to have a version of slide that runs on jvm 1.5/tomcat
5.5/slide X.X.

Thanksinadvance for any info and/or pointers.

Scott

Re: Deadlock in Slide 2.1 RC 1 /Tomcat 5.0.29

Posted by Martin Kalén <mk...@apache.org>.
Scott Lewis wrote:
> Is there a version of Slide that runs on 5.5 (jvm 1.5)?

P.S. Slide kernel from CVS HEAD runs fine under Tomcat 5.5.x,
at least with JRE 1.4 and the Tomcat compatibility JAR installed.

I have not tried with either JRE 5.0 or the Slide WebDAV servlet.

Regards,
  Martin

Re: Deadlock in Slide 2.1 RC 1 /Tomcat 5.0.29

Posted by Martin Kalén <mk...@apache.org>.
Scott Lewis wrote:
> I'm not using RDBMS at all...just FileSystemStore (or whatever the class
> name is), so it sounds like this probably isn't the same thing.

OK. No, then I don't think it is related since "my" deadlock has to do
with transaction isolation between the two different DBCP pools.

> Thanks though.

NP! :)

Cheers,
  Martin

Re: Deadlock in Slide 2.1 RC 1 /Tomcat 5.0.29

Posted by Scott Lewis <sl...@egrantsho.cayuse.com>.
Hi Martin,

Posted by Martin Kalén <mk...@apache.org>.

Posted by Unico Hommes <un...@apache.org>.