Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Robert King <ro...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/28 14:13:59 UTC

Changing default font

I would like to change the default font for all text documents to Verdana.

I have referred to all the forums I can find.

In my version at least, there is no “Options” within “Tools”

So I chose the alternate method:

Format, Styles and Formatting, Default, Modify….and then I change the font to Verdana and press OK.  It does change but only for that document.  When I go to a New document it goes right back to Times New Roman as the default.

What could I be doing wrong?  I just want to change the default font to Verdana.

Thanks.

Robert King

http://itsaboutnature.smugmug.com

Re: Changing default font

Posted by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com>.
At 10:13 28/08/2016 -0400, Robert King wrote:
>I would like to change the default font for all
>text documents to Verdana. I have referred to
>all the forums I can find. In my version at
>least, there is no "Options" within "Tools".

You've kept secret the important detail - visible
from the headers of your message - that you are
using a Mac. Macs are different! The Mac version
has the settings in a different place: for "Tools
| Options..." read "OpenOffice | Preferences".
Everything you need is there instead.

>So I chose the alternate method: Format, Styles
>and Formatting, Default, Modify….and then
>I  change the font to Verdana and press OK. It
>does change but only for that document. When I
>go to a New document it goes right back to Times New Roman as the default.

You can use this technique to create a template
and even then to make that template your default.
But the Preferences method is easier for what you need.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

Re: Changing default font

Posted by Robert Funnell <ro...@mcgill.ca>.
On Sun, 28 Aug 2016, Robert King wrote:

> I would like to change the default font for all text documents to Verdana.

While waiting for someone more knowledgeable to respond, you may want
to look into using Templates. I haven't used them myself but I think
they'll do what you want.

See, for example, Chapter 10 in the Writer Guide at
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOo3_User_Guides/OOo3.3_User_Guide_Chapters

- Robert F.