Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by supraja sridhar <su...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/25 11:23:44 UTC

Traffic server listening on 127.0.0.1 8084

Hello,

I am running a trafficserver instance and don't use trafficmanager. Can I
make traffic server not listen on 8084 by setting CONFIG
proxy.config.process_manager.mgmt_port to -1?

Thanks
Supraja

Re: Traffic server listening on 127.0.0.1 8084

Posted by Bryan Call <bc...@apache.org>.
traffic_cop uses that port to monitor the health of traffic_server with that port.  traffic_cop was removed in ATS 8.  I don’t see a way of not using the management port for ATS 7.

-Bryan

Posted by Bryan Call <bc...@apache.org>.