Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Digby <li...@digby.net> on 2005/06/04 19:47:24 UTC

Is there a document on how deployment works now in 5.5.9 (ref context.xml)?

I've just upgraded to 5.5.9 and was surprised by how things seem to work
when I try to deploy a war file.

Before, I stopped Tomcat, copied my war over, leaving the context.xml
alone, and restarted. Everything works.

How, I can copy a war over without stopping TC, but then server.xml and
my context.xml (in conf/host) is overwritten, and my cotext path is
lost. This wouldn't usually be a problem, but some of my apps need a
context path of / (path=""), and this is reset to /contextname each time
I deploy, breaking each site.

I read that from now on you need to set up ROOT.xml to point to your app
if you want the path to be /, but this seems to be deleted when I deploy
my app or restart TC.

I guess this was done for sensible reasons, but I can't find any
documentation on how it works and how I keep my app at the root context.

Anyone got any pointers?

TIA

Digby