Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Adam Paeth <to...@fortdearborn.com> on 2001/12/11 20:40:03 UTC

Converting code from 3.2.1 to 3.3 Cookies and SecurityTools

I'm currently trying to upgrade our application to use tomcat 3.3.  We're
currently using 3.2.1 and at the very minimum need to go to 3.2.4.  Before I
go on let me say that I didn't write the code I'm trying to update.  I've
managed to convert quite a bit of our custom JDBC Realm, but I'm stuck on
two remaining sections of code:

1> Cookie addition.  I've looked at the javadoc and can't figure out what
the 3.3 equivalent should be for the following code segment. I get an error
when compiling because there is no addCookie anymore in the Response class.

            Cookie ck = new Cookie("TEMPUSER", cookieValue);
            ck.setPath("/");
            response.addCookie(ck);

2> SecurityTools.  The SecurityTools class seems to be a relic of 3.2.x.
Therefore the calls to SecurityTools.haveRole( , ) and
SecurityTools.credentials( , ) fail when compiling.  Can anyone tell me what
the replacement calls or code would be?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Adam Paeth