Posted to dev@esme.apache.org by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/10 15:22:23 UTC

Comments on Apache Board report

We have a Apache Board report due this week.

I'm including my first version below - if no one has any changes -
I'll submit it as is.

Thanks.

D.
Attachment AA: Status report for the Apache ESME Project

Apache ESME's mission: Enterprise Social Messaging Environment (ESME) is a
secure and highly scalable microsharing and micromessaging platform that
allows people to discover and meet one another and get controlled access
to other sources of information, all in a business process context.

Moving to TLP:
Apache ESME graduated from the incubator last month. This is its first
report to the Board.  The top level project infrastructure was set up on
December 21th, and SVN was moved on December 23.  Our web-site has been
moved to the TLP position.  Our website is currently Confluence-based.
We are working with INFRA to migrate to Apache CMS. We also have a
non-Apache blog [1] that we are no longer using in order to focus on our
new Apache blog [2].

We have more work to do to complete the move to a TLP, including
removing the incubation notices and making a first release as a TLP.

Releases:
none yet (as a TLP)

2010-10-09 1.1 (Incubator - last release)

Development:
It was relatively quiet during the first part of the month, as we were
awaiting our move from the incubator to become a TLP.  Subsequently,
there has been lots of activity to complete TLP migration. We are currently
working on our 1.2 release.

A significant number of issues remain in Jira, postponed from the
last release.  There has been some progress on these, and
a few new ones have been raised.

Community:
No changes

Issues: