Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Traore Djeneba <tr...@mellon.com> on 2005/08/01 17:33:49 UTC

incremental migration to struts

Hi All,

We are trying to use struts but the approach we are taking is an incremental migration to struts. What is the best way to integrate a struts project with an existing web project that does not use struts. Any information will be helpful.

thanks,

Djeneba Traore
Software Engineer
Mellon Financial Corporation
Technology Delivery Department (TDD)
Global Securities Technology (GST)
Suite 151-3440
One Mellon Bank Center
Pittsburgh, PA 15258-0001
Voice: (412) 236-9546
Fax:    (412) 236-2032
e-mail: traore.d@mellon.com

If you are not the intended recipient please notify us immediately by returning the e-mail to the originator.(16b)

RE: incremental migration to struts

Posted by Mark Benussi <ma...@hotmail.com>.
I would start by installing Struts within your application alongside your
existing servlets [I assume you are using servlets]. If you use something
like my eclipse it will install the resources you need with an empty
configuration. You can then start the app and it will run like it always
did. But what you can now start doing is create new actions etc instead of
creating new servlets. I suppose you could then migrate all the old servlets
when you get the time.

We are trying to use struts but the approach we are taking is an incremental
migration to struts. What is the best way to integrate a struts project with
an existing web project that does not use struts. Any information will be
helpful.

thanks,

Djeneba Traore
Software Engineer
Mellon Financial Corporation
Technology Delivery Department (TDD)
Global Securities Technology (GST)
Suite 151-3440
One Mellon Bank Center
Pittsburgh, PA 15258-0001
Voice: (412) 236-9546
Fax:    (412) 236-2032
e-mail: traore.d@mellon.com

The information contained in this e-mail may be confidential and is intended
solely for the use of the named addressee.
Access, copying or re-use of the e-mail or any information contained therein
by any other person is not authorized.