Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by Zhong ZHENG <he...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/10 12:21:48 UTC

JIRA question: what's the difference between RESOLVED and CLOSED status?

Hi,

I would like to know, if some bugs are fixed, should i CLOSE the issue or
RESOLVE the issue?
If i CLOSE an issue, i can still mark it as FIXED in the RES field.
What's the difference between these two status?

Thanks.

--
ZHENG Zhong
- http://heavyz.blogspot.com/

Re: JIRA question: what's the difference between RESOLVED and CLOSED status?

Posted by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org>.
my interpretation:

Resolved = the committer thinks he's fixed it
Closed = it's off the table and the user has either agreed it's fixed or
failed to complain for a substantial amount of time that it really
wasn't resolved.

David