Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/28 19:43:21 UTC

Fwd: [NOTICE] Upcoming changes to our GitHub Org

Sijie recently started a proposal about using github issues for bookkeeper.

As reported by the attached email each apache committer can be linked to
his github account with some kind of hard reference.
When I got an apache id I filled that field at id.apache.org and
immediately the asfgit bot invited me to participate in the asf github
organization.

Given that link to each github account  I think it will be feasible to give
to committers some more controls on pull requests and issues, now I see
this limits:
- we cannot be assegnee for issues
- we cannot close issues
- we cannot close PRs of other users

Maybe this permissions can be granted to any single committer on demand but
just asking infra

I think that apache discussions but be backed up on apache infrastructure
in some way, like email notifications on lists and comments in jira or any
other way

Thoughts?

Enrico