Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Matthias Kerkhoff <Ma...@jamba.de> on 2001/02/09 16:36:56 UTC

Re[2]: More fixes for WLS 5.1 SP8

Hal,

> Did this patch come from weblogic or did you have to decompile and fix it
> yourself? The problem with Weblogic not always declaring variables via a TEI

The patch does not come from BEA.

> still occurs sometimes in Weblogic 6.0. Do you know if there is a patch for
> that? Whatever it is that causes Weblogic to not declare the TEI variables
> should be added to the J2EE certification suite because Weblogic managed to
> pass with a few bugs...

I'm not sure, if they've already public available fixes for WLS6.
Currently, I have to use 5.1, so I can just wait and see what people
are saying about 6.0

The other point you mentioned - BEA not conforming to the spec - is really
annoying, especially with 5.1, where even now - after eight service packs
- differences between the spec and the product exist. This leaves me a bit
puzzled how they got the certificate. Hopefully, things don't repeat with
WLS 6.0, but who knows ?!

Matthias