Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by José Euclides Silva Junior <eu...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/11 21:48:07 UTC

[users@httpd] Browser seems to do a loop when the redirect runs

Hi guys,
i am back with those questions about redirect directive... As Steve taught
me to do, my http.conf is the following:
ServerName www-pddataprev
   DocumentRoot
/u01/app/oracle/product/oracle10g/Apache/Apache/htdocs/deqs_web/
   # DocumentRoot /u01/app/oracle/product/oracle10g/j2ee
   RewriteEngine on
   RewriteRule ^(.*) http://10.0.134.23:7778/deqs/ [P,L]

But, whenever the RewriteRule runs both mozzila and ie seems to do a loop,
since the memory size and cpu time increases very much. However the web page
isnt loaded.
Any hint?

This emails is proceeding another one: "*Trying to hide application(Java +
Apache) directory from browser address"*
*Thanks in advance, Euclides.*

Re: [users@httpd] Browser seems to do a loop when the redirect runs

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 8/11/06, José Euclides Silva Junior <eu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
> i am back with those questions about redirect directive... As Steve taught
> me to do, my http.conf is the following:
> ServerName www-pddataprev
>    DocumentRoot
> /u01/app/oracle/product/oracle10g/Apache/Apache/htdocs/deqs_web/
>    # DocumentRoot /u01/app/oracle/product/oracle10g/j2ee
>    RewriteEngine on
>    RewriteRule ^(.*) http://10.0.134.23:7778/deqs/ [P,L]
>
> But, whenever the RewriteRule runs both mozzila and ie seems to do a loop,
> since the memory size and cpu time increases very much. However the web page
> isnt loaded.

I'm very hesitant to get into this thread, because you seem to be
trying to do complicated stuff without fully reading the documentation
or understanding what is going on on your server.

Proxying back to your own server is silly -- it wastes tons of
resources.  But if you are going to do it, you can prevent the loop by
preceding the RewriteRule with a
RewriteCond %{Request_URI} !^/deqs

Better solutions would be:
- reconfigure your j2ee directives to act directly at the root of the
server rather than on the url /deqs.  Check your app server docs for
instructions
- Use an internal redirect rather than a proxy:
RewriteRule (.*) /deqs$1 [PT,L]

Joshua.