Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Hussayn Dabbous <da...@saxess.com> on 2002/12/09 16:16:44 UTC

aggregating content from another webapp in same session context

Hy;

I want to retrieve a <map:part> across application boundaries.
I set up my tomcat server with SSO, so that i can share the
same session context over different webapps. Then i created
one "cocoon" webapp for presentation purposes and one "backend"
webapp for the business logic. Both webapps are under
authentification control of tomcat. i am logged in and both
webapps share the same sesion context. Now i want the cocoon
webapp to retrieve data from the "backend" webapp:

I tried to setup the cocoon sitemap as follows:

<map:match pattern="canvas">
   <map:aggregate element="page">
     <map:part element="profile"
           src="http://myserver:9000/backend/sessionProps.jsp"/>
     <map:part element = "canvas"
           src="cocoon:/canvas"/>
   </map:aggregate>
   <map:transform src="xsl/page.xsl"/>
   <map:serialize/>
</map:match>

my questions:

1.) With the first map:part i try to retrieve a source on the backend
     webapp, that runs in the same container, as the cocoon webapp.
     This setup results in a response code 500, although the requested
     page can be retrieved from a browser using the exact same URL.
     I did some experiments with context:// and http:// and so on,
     but i could not find a setup, that would show me the expected
     result of the jsp-page above (the jsp-page delivers xml-content).

2.) If the retrieval of the map:part would work, would the retrival
     use the same session context in which cocoon operates for this
     request, or would it open a new session context just for the
     part retrival ?

Did anyone encounter similar problems ?
I'd be glad to hear from your solution ...

regards, Hussayn

forwarding session cookie as parameter within map:part ???

Posted by SAXESS - Hussayn Dabbous <da...@saxess.com>.
Hy;

My basic question was (from another request to this list):

"How can i setup my sitemap to forward the
  session context while aggregating a part ???"

After several hours of investigating the problem i got
an idea, how my problem could possibly be solved. I
would be happy, if someone could confirm, that the following
is not a completely stupid idea, or in case of it IS stupid
give me a hint to a more satisfying approach ... ;-)

1.) I would write an action, that extracts the tomcat
     session cookie from the request headers and place
     it into a new parameter e.g. named "cookie".

2.) I would use this parameter as additional request
     parameter for my aggregation request:

     <map:part element="profile"
      src="http://myserver:9000/backend/sessionProps.jsp?sid={cookie}"/>

My servlet "sessionProps.jsp" would then use the value of sid to
perform the requested tasks. This is not a nice solution, but
it might work.

Maybe it is also possible to forward the cookie via an
action ? I haven't seen example code doing such thing.
Could i achieve that with cocoon-2.0.3 ??

Should i post this message in the cocoon-dev list too ?

best regards, hussayn

Re: aggregating content from another webapp in same session context

Posted by SAXESS - Hussayn Dabbous <da...@saxess.com>.
Hy again;